By submitting an application for employment at Wake Forest University (WFU) you are committing that the information contained in your application materials is true to the best of your knowledge and belief. In submitting an application, you are acknowledging an understanding that:
- Your application remains active for twelve months and that submission of the application and subsequent pre-employment interviews are not promises (implied or otherwise) of employment. Successful applicants will be officially notified by the University.
- Any misrepresentation or omission of facts or false statement in your application or an accompanying resume may result in rejection of your application or dismissal.
- If you leave the employ of WFU for any cause, voluntary or otherwise, you authorize WFU and its employees to answer any inquiries regarding your performance and qualifications and, as far as may be known, the reason for leaving. You voluntarily release from liability and/or damage all parties who may issue or receive information regarding your application or employment at WFU.
- You are aware that the result of any background investigation performed by WFU and or its designees is not the sole criterion used by WFU in making a decision to hire or not hire any individual, including you. You understand and agree that all information furnished in your application and all attachments may be verified by WFU or its authorized representative. You hereby authorize all individuals and organizations named or referred to in your application and any law enforcement organization to give WFU all information relative to such verification and hereby release such individuals, organizations, and WFU from any and all liability for any claim or damage resulting therefrom.
- You hereby acknowledge that you have been informed that WFU may seek to obtain a drug screen, consumer report and/or investigative report that will include personal information regarding you, including (but not limited to) information as to your former employment, education, credit history, driving record and criminal history and other information contained in public records or obtainable from former employers or other references, business or person, in order to assist WFU in making certain employment decisions. You further acknowledge notification by WFU that reports may be provided to WFU by other firms subcontracted for that purpose. You, your heirs, assigns and legal representatives, hereby release and fully discharge WFU, its officers, directors, employees, agents of each, including subcontractors, from any and all claims, monetary or otherwise, that you may have against WFU, its affiliates or subcontractors, arising out of the making or use of a drug screen, consumer and/or investigative report, including any errors or omissions contained or omitted from such reports or investigations. You understand that WFU will inform you if a decision has been influenced by information contained in such a consumer report and to make available to you 'A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act' and information on how you may obtain a free copy of the consumer report.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS: Please note that the information pertaining to the posted position is not a complete job description. A comprehensive and detailed job description including the duties attributed to the individual position can be obtained from the Hiring Manager/Hiring Department for the successful candidate. All Wake Forest University job descriptions are subject to review by Compensation at any point in time, including but not limited to market analysis and exemption status.
TRANSFER/PROMOTION POLICY: When applying for a position here at Wake Forest, please make sure you understand our policy on transfers and promotions. You will need to complete a minimum of 12 months of successful performance in a position before becoming eligible to transfer or be promoted to another position at the University (exceptions to this 12-month requirement may be made current by your current department).
BACKGROUND CHECKS AND DRUG SCREENS: Wake Forest University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, the University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment. Our exclusive background check vendor is Orange Tree. Checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search, credit history, and motor vehicle history.
E-Verify: Wake Forest University currently uses E-Verify for employees assisgned to a Federal contract. Beginning September 10th, 2012 the university will use E-Verify for all new and rehired faculty, staff and student employees.